The Board of Trustees of the Templeton Unified School District is actively seeking applicants who reside within the boundaries of the district for appointment to fill a vacancy on the Governing Board. The vacancy was created by the resignation of Mr. Jordan Cunningham, following his election to the State Assembly. Mr. Cunningham's term on the TUSD Board expires in November 2018.
The Board is recruiting applicants through advertisements in local newspapers and by posting notices throughout Templeton. Applicants must be a resident of Templeton, a citizen of the state of California, at least 18 years of age, registered to vote, and not legally disqualified from holding civil office.
Applications are available by clicking the link below and at the Templeton District Office, 960 Old County Road, Templeton. Completed forms must be returned to the District Office by 12 noon, Wednesday, November 30, 2016.
The Board will interview applicants during its regular Board meeting, in open session, on December 8, 2016, in the Templeton Eagle Conference and Training Center. The public is invited and encouraged to attend this important meeting.
For further information, please call Cheryl Parks, Executive Assistant to the Superintendent and Board of Trustees, at the District Office at 434-5805.
Statement: Institute instructional practices, rigorous content and data systems to measure student achievement leading to the development of 21st Century skills.
- Implement instructional plan to increase student performance on the Listening Claim portion of the Smarter Balanced Assessment
- Identify benchmark assessments for grades 1 - 11
- Evaluate and develop a long-term plan to decrease the achievement gap between English and Math achievement scores
- Collaboratively work with THS staff and administration to improve morale and establish long-term outcomes
- Evaluate the effectiveness of new ELA curriculum
- Finalize CTE pathways and tracking protocols to ensure accurate data
- Determine viability of adopting a new TMS master schedule configuration
- Implement and evaluate Every Student Every Day initiative
Statement: Create systems to recruit, hire, empower, develop and promote high performing staff members while minimizing the negative impact of underperforming staff members.
- Measure outcomes from certificated and classified staff development
- "On board" new employees
- Conduct classified reclassification study
- Survey staff to determine areas where the department can better support outcomes
Statement: Involve stakeholders in developing and adopting a balanced budget that implements the reinvestment plan, creating the greatest organizational outcomes from revenue returning to our system.
- Educate new Trustees on budget process
- Support and strengthen implementation of site-based QSS input
- Study and recommend changes to Leave of Absence process
- Position district for optimal bond rating
Statement: Implement the capital improvement plan and complete projects stemming from Measure H-12 revenue leading to improved classroom environments, sustainable energy and enhanced educational offerings.
- Break ground on phase 1 of THS construction
- Submit TES modernization plan to DSA, including a process for regular progress checks
- Automate facility use process, including software for credit card payment
Statement: Incorporate new technology into existing infrastructure creating access and effective use by stakeholders enabling staff and students to achieve 21st century learning goals. .
- Measure return on investment from recent equipment purchases
- Develop and share plan for ongoing funding
Statement: Create and implement systems which provide regular two-way communication between stakeholders and guide the decision-making and evaluation of organizational systems.
- Define, operationalize and develop evaluation metrics for "transparency"
- Increase on-site visibility and transparent communication
- Communicate system wide success from previous year
Templeton High School Athletics Participation Rates:
Males at THS: 348
Females at THS: 376
Total Female participants: 207 (236 counting cheer)
Total Male Participants: 268
Total number of teams:
Male Freshmen teams: 0
Male JV teams: 8
Male Varsity teams: 10
Female Freshmen teams: 1
Female JV teams: 8 (including cheer, 9)
Female Varsity teams: 8 (including cheer, 9)